Wednesday, February 28, 2007

rabid puppies

Failure, thy name is Sprint!
During last night's American Idol voting melee I did a little science experiment using cell phones from different carriers. T Mobile got through to cast a vote at least 30 times to every one that Sprint got through. Does this mean that Sprint customers enjoy Brandon Rogers that much more than T Mobile? Methinks not.

Thanks to everyone who voted yesterday. It's a painful process and I think a class action suit against American Idol when we all get repetitive motion injuries is a definite possibility. Next week instead of trying to get the vote out, I'm considering training my friends to be ninjas and attack Simon. We'll use rabid puppies as weapons.

I feel like these next thirty six hours I'm watching the world's slowest roulette wheel spin. I'm fighting the urge to bash the other contestants because the votes have been cast and campaigning after the election doesn't make any sense. I will say that if Brandon doesn't make it back next week I'm going to pull an Al Gore and grow a Rip Van Winkle beard, and not shave until I win an Oscar for Best Documentary.

I'm going back into the studio today to see what kind of chaos I can create. Recent additions to the studio arsenal include a glockenspiel (not to be confused with a glock pistol, which is louder, but more deadly), and an old casio synthesizer. When I recorded with Kirk Wheeler this weekend producer, Zac Rae, showed me the Harmony beginner sized acoustic guitar that they used on the track I was playing on. I want one. Are you there Santa Claus?

There have been some moderate shenanigans with my gig in San Antonio. Originally I was playing the Red Room, this has been shifted to the Revolution Room which is 21 and up. I'm playing March 13th at 9 pm. More info at myspace.com/sabysw.

See you soon.

No comments: