Thursday, February 22, 2007

Bringing Something New: The Jackhammer

I've discovered a new name for hell:
"Morning Jackhammer"

Yes, instead of my gently prodding classical ringtone that usually wakes me, I was rattled out of my sleep by a jackhammer today. At first I thought the jackhammering might be hardwired to my eyelids somehow, because I every time I began to drift back to sleep as the noise would cease, the construction renewed like a guilty concrete-shaking conscious.

The only thing more annoying than that is a six game losing streak by me Lakers. I deem thee poor to quite poor.

Just to keep my Idol commentary from becoming idle: I thought Lakisha Jones sounded very good, but she didn't bring anything new to the song, which was the point the judges kept jackhammering away at yesterday. Hmmpf.

I've been spending the past few days recording a song called "My Addiction" that I've played at my last few gigs. Yesterday was background vocal and electric bass day. The new album is inching closer to completion.

Also, I'm going to record the ol' jazz/pop standard "Where or When". I started on this yesterday and will do the bulk of the work on it today.

Time for breakfast.

No comments: