Friday, February 23, 2007

Mugger Rubdown

When I first moved to LA I used to be part of the Tuesday Night Sushi Club. Michael Farfel had a standing reservation at Katsu Ya on Ventura. Last night we turned back the clock and ate all the crispy rice with spicy tuna we could stand. I'm satiated... mostly... can one ever have enough sushi? I'm the Scrooge McDuck of sushi, except that I don't keep my first piece of sushi around for good luck (that would be real gross). We were missed "Oh Michael, where have you been??" They didn't remember me by name, but I'm not hurt. Don't worry Katsu Ya, I'll always have a soft spot in my wallet, stomach, and heart for you.

Needless to say I watched the carnage of the American Idol results show. How brutal is it to ask the newly voted off contestants to sing their own farewell?!?! That's like a mugger asking you for a back rub after he takes your wallet. "Just a little lower... yeah, that's the spot. Nobody moves, nobody gets hurt."

Yesterday I added some polish to "My Addiction" in the studio and got the bulk of "Where or When" done. I'm staying the course and getting back at it as soon as I finish these thoughts.

I finished a gig as Songwriting Coach yesterday. I dissected three mp3s and made (hopefully) constructive comments via email. If you write songs and are interested in my perspective, drop me a line.

Tell next time, tip your waitress and try the kobe beef.

2 comments: