Wednesday, April 23, 2008

a rant

The Superdelegate phenomenon is rearing its ugly head again. If Hillary loses the popular vote, the delegate count, and still somehow convinces the professional politicians in the Democratic party to make her the nominee I'm officially retiring from amateur politics (again). This possibility makes me want to hurl large objects. I'm trying to find a happy place in my mind, but with no avail.

I believe that Senator Clinton has to know deep down inside that this is just bad pool. If she can become a nominee after losing the nominating process that's really no better than President Bush becoming the "leader of the free world" after losing the election to Al Gore. Boo! Between that and the 3 AM fear-mongering ads I hope she thanks Karl Rove and the Republican Party for inspiring her campaign tactics during her acceptance speech.

I finally got around to watching Barack Obama's speech on race. I would run into a burning building for this guy. I haven't donated to either candidate until now. We must not waste the opportunity to elect a once-in-a-generation leader. Make the right choice now and we'll be telling our grandkids about what we did to make a difference after what is among the darkest eight years in our country's political history.

Ok, I feel better now, kind of (grrrrrr!).

More good meat debate after the last blog. Good times!

Meanwhile, I'm still a musician. I was just about to recommend that you go listen to Caribou only to discover they're playing The El Rey (yes, it kind of hurts to type "the el", but that's just how we do it) tomorrow. I gotsta gets me some tix.

No comments: