Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Farewell to Meat, Day One

I received a lot of quality responses after my throwing down the meat-free gauntlet to myself. Thank you. After reflecting a bit I've decided that I'm still going to eat fish, preferably sushi, and also eggs, preferably scrambled. The plan is to go beef and chicken free for one week and reevaluate from there. Unfortunately my first day as a semi-vegetarian (fish&veg&eggetarian?) had an inauspicious debut.

I was sharing my quest for meatless-ness with a couple of friends on the way to lunch. We went to Porto's Bakery. The "potato balls" were recommended as a must-have by one of the aforementioned friends. I ordered a veggie sandwich and a potato ball. I was less than pleased to find out during my first bite that the full name of the potato ball is probably potato MEAT ball. That 2 inch ball of goodness is going to be my last bite of bovine for at least a week, as long as I don't get hoodwinked into accidentally ordering a strawberry shake with steak in it.

After my meat debacle I spent the evening tinkering with my new pedal board and a hot glue gun. I avoided the very real possibility of fastening my new Memory Man delay pedal to my forehead, so I consider it a success.

I just looked at my iTunes sales report and 14 people downloaded "I Met a Girl Like You Once" last week. I smell a meatless steak celebration in my future!

See you at the birthday party at Libertine on Sundee.

No comments: