Wednesday, April 2, 2008

a good day

It's a big day folks. I got my special advance copy of Jessie Baylin's new album Firesight. The song we wrote "Not a Day More" is on the record! Ow! I'm excited. You can pre-order it off Amazon through that link. I listened to the first four tracks on the drive to the studio today, and it sounds beautiful. I'm honored to have played a part in its creation.

Second big piece o' news: I got my new very old saxophone! I changed game plan from the previous blog in which I debated the pros and cons of paying for a top of the line new horn or a medium of the line new horn. Instead I found a beautiful silver plated Selmer Super Balanced Action alto on Craigslist. The previous owner bought the horn in Paris in the 50's. He kept it in immaculate (I that word started with an "e", but spellcheck disagrees, and who am I to argue?) condition for 55 years! This thing has mojo. I'll be posting pictures, and probably making a YouTube video of it before too long as well. Good times!

I also renewed the warranty on my 1 year-old laptop! Go ahead logic board, break! I dare you! Just kidding. Please, please, please don't, it's a big pain in the ax, even if it's covered.

It's been a momentous day thus far, and it's only lunch time. Maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket. On the other hand, I'm hoping to avoid heavy falling objects for the rest of the day.

1 comment:

crazymagashi said...

hmmm....looks like you made a real pal with mr. brown!

good move on the instrument buying! i'm looking forward to seeing it.

~crazy magashi