Thursday, April 17, 2008

by the guay

I'm taking a trip down mammary lane (wait, I think that means something else...). I dusted off an old timey mp3 of a concert I did with Rob Wilkerson. It's from a gig at a place called The Rising in Brooklyn back in 2002. Oh New York, I never really felt at home in you, but I sure did have some great times playing music, and the camaraderie we had was profound. In the name of full disclosure: I had to consult the ol' spell check on that one, my thinking was comrade is spelled like that, therefore comraderie should be spelled like that. Who needs a college degree when you have the internets! I guess that's why I came in 2nd in that elementary school spelling bee.

Now I am here, and am happy to be(e). It's laundry day. It's also take-my-new-alto-to-the-repair-guy-to-have-it-looked-at day. That's a national holiday in Paraguay, by the guay.

Back to the tangent of the internets, or at least my corners: I put up the information for my concert in Phoenix that's on May 9th. I'll be performing for MEF, which is a music school thingy. I'm writing arrangements for flute, alto sax, trombone, and bass clarinet of seven or so of my songs. I'm excited! Lots of pencil and paper work to do now.

Until next time, thanks for stopping by, but mostly stay classy.

1 comment:

crazymagashi said...

i have finals. i won't be in az till the ninth! ugh! i hate living in new mexico!