Monday, January 28, 2008

making oohs

The clouds have parted. Rumors were swelling that they were going to replace the "Sunny" in Sunny Southern California with "Rainy" if the precipitation didn't stop by today. Fortunately all epithets are in tact. I'm still the Lego Maniac. Randy Savage is still the Macho Man. Karl Rove is still the Prince of Darkness.

I have been remiss in my bloggy duties lately. That's because I've taken on a new Winter/Spring job of ghost-writing music for a TV show. I'm not going to tell ya which one, because I don't know if I'm allowed to. Hint the theme's lyrics start out with: "so no one told you life was going to be this way". Ok, not really. That show isn't on the air anymore. The West Wing, Six Feet Under, and The Sopranos aren't on the air anymore either, so I'll have to hold out that Alf Clausen has too much work and calls me to help out with The Simpsons if I want to score one of my all-time favorite shows.

Point being, I've been holed up in a studio making marches, vocal oohs, and ten second segues. It's been a great challenge, and mostly very fun. Because of this golden opportunity I'm going to put touring on hold until the season gets finished. That means I should be back on the road in the Summer, barring any unforeseen stuff.

The good news for you Angelenos, other than the rain relenting, is that I'm playing the Hotel Cafe this Saturday. It'll be a full band show, with full band shenanigans. I'm thinking of pulling a "Hannah Montana" and asking Zac Efron to be my body double while I do a costume change into my pleather one-piece leotard.

More on that and other disturbing ideas next time.

No comments: