Tuesday, January 29, 2008

butter knives

Tonight the tables will turn and I'll be a part of "and band". I'm sitting in on the saxamaphone with my compadre Charlie Paxson at the Silverlake Lounge tonight at 9 PM.

In related news, I will soon be contributing $70 to Los Angeles County. After a little rehearsal for the aforementioned gig, I double parked in front of my apartment so that I could load the ol' saxophone into the residence, and not have to walk around with my horn late at night. My hazard lights were just the beacon the parking authority needed to leave me a $70 love note from the city of LA. I'm hoping my experience as a driver/parker in Los Angeles will be $70 better afterwards, but I'm guessing not.

Charlie will be playing in my band at the Hotel Cafe this Saturday. It will be neat.

I've really been enjoying toast with honey lately. That has become a problem, because I haven't been washing the dishes frequently enough to keep up with the accelerated use of butter knives, and now I have to use a spoon.

It's a slow news day, apparently.

I've been listening to a speech on the Word for Word podcast by President Clinton. He asserted that if we got serious about getting buildings around the country up to the environmentally friendly standards we would have a veritable ton of new jobs at many different skill levels. I think the public often doesn't associate being environmentally conscious with economic friendliness. The economy grows anytime there are new things to be sold, and a new set of services to be provided (like with the explosion of tech companies in the 90's). This could be one of those times.

No comments: