Friday, January 11, 2008

doppelganger, except with names

The weekend looms large, ladies and gentledudes.

Tonight a little voyage up to Zoey's Cafe and Loft in Ventura, CA is on the itinerary. Sunday, a little voyage in a boat will set sail (or set motor, more likely) on The 3 Hour Tour. I shall be there. Shall you? Or "shell you?" to make a horrible nautical pun.

Last night, things were jazzy at the Pasadena Jazz Institute. I played saxophone with my tromboning friend Garrett Smith. There was another Zack H. on the stage, although his folks and my folks had differences on how to spell our first name. His name is Zach Harmon, and he plays them drums and them cymbals real nice, although it's not this newly discovered Zach Harmon. How many Zack/Zak/Zach H's are there?! This reminds me of that Edie Brickell song, "someone there's somebody that looks just like you do, acts just like you do, with a different name, and a face that looks like you"

Anywah, I'm excited to get this party started. In case you are wondering what you've been missing, here's a li'l audience perspective from the Plush Lounge.





Finally, I leave you with these parting words:

Open sesame.

No comments: