Thursday, November 29, 2007

Rice Milk Teeth

Have you ever been on a plane with a head cold? I have. When we were landing I felt that the forward momentum shove my sinuses towards the guy in the seat in front of me when the rest of my noggin stayed attached to my buckled-in body.

Other than blowing my nose a record number of times all is well. I'm picking my new CD up from the printers either tomorrow or Monday.

I watched a thing on the local news about people camping out in front of stores to get first grab of stuff on Black Friday. As soon as the doors opened they were sprinting through the stores, presumably thinking "I NEED STUFF! GIVE ME STUFF!!" I understand that if people didn't buy stuff for Christmas the economy would go straight into the crapper, but perhaps we can think about buying recycled stuff for Christmas. That's my plan at least. I found this blog that has some links to some cool recycled Christmas gift idears. That way you can fulfill the "I NEED STUFF!" side of life without requiring new stuff to be made. By the way, if you're in my family, don't click on that link, because you'll know where Santa shops for you.

It's cute when your landlord schedules a plumber to work on the pipes and doesn't tell you the water is going to be shut off. This happened to me mid-shower when I lived in New York. I had to get the Brita filter out of the refrigerator and pour it on my head to wash off the shampoo. It was so cold it froze my thoughts. I'll guess I'll be brushing my teeth with Rice Milk today.

No comments: