Thursday, March 29, 2007

Anakin Sanjaywalker

Yesterday I watched a documentary on HBO called The UCLA Dynasty about the Bruins basketball teams of the 60's and 70's. Apparently John Wooden never talked about winning or losing, or about how "this is a must win for us". Those kinds of phrases are repeated ad nauseum by players and coaches today. Instead John Wooden's idea was this:

"Success is peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."

I like that idea and I've been putting it on repeat since I heard it. Maybe Coach Wooden was the Zen Master before "Big Chief Triangle" Phil Jackson.

After flipping channels and seeing a few moments of Hayden Christensen's acting style in Star Wars Episode III, I've decided that Sanjaya from American Idol has a strong future as Anakin Skywalker in the Broadway production of Star Wars that surely can't be far, far away.

My faulty hard drive was replaced by a faulty hard drive. I've driven to Pasadena so many times the traffic cops know me by name. Now my computer is back home and functional. Look out internets!

I got my copy of Campus Circle in the mail. I'm officially a published writer. Somebody email me a cookie!

No comments: