Tuesday, May 13, 2008

hello my baby, hello my honey

I watched a Simpsons episode whilst couch-ridden that had a quote that was apropos to my last few days: "The terrifying lows, the dizzying highs, the creamy middles."

In the dizzying highs category:

On Friday I had a fantastic marathon day in Phoenix. I performed for a non-profit called the "Musician's Enrichment Foundation" or MEF. The concert was held at St. Mary's High School, and it was a heckuva time. I got to play in a saxophone quartet for the first time since I don't remember when. The second half of the concert was me performing songs from "Open to Close" with flute, alto sax, trombone, and bass clarinet. I'm anxiously awaiting a copy of the video from the concert so that I might share it with the internets.

In the department of creamy middles:

On Saturday we had a Drake Bell gig at Union Station in Downtown LA. I awoke at the early hour of 4 AM, and made it to the gig without a hitch. Things would take an unexpected turn for the worst after a lunch at Luz del Dia (which I'm pretty sure must be Spanish for, "questionable results in your stomach are soon to follow"). Now, everyone had the same thing as me, two chicken tacos (I'm still avoiding red meat, but the occasional chicken has proven hard to avoid in my quest to be a semi-vegetarian), and no one else reported the same amount of destruction that was to follow me around for the next 72 hours. I'm not calling for a boycott, I'm just sayin'.

The terrifying lows:

I have spent lots of time with my bathroom and on my couch since Saturday evening. I polished off the John Adams mini-series I've been saving a for a rainy (poopy?) day. It's Tuesday now, and I don't feel like this anymore:



I'm still wearing pajama pants and it's one PM, so life isn't quite back to normal, but I'm optimistic.

No comments: