Tuesday, May 27, 2008

biting a hole

And the Oscar for worst use of CGI groundhogs in a live action movie goes to....

Indiana Jones and the Disappointing Skills!

Accepting the award will be George Lucas, who previously earned an award for giving birth to the worst character in the history of cinema (Jar Jar Binks, Star Wars: Episode One).

And the Oscar for most depressing and simultaneously enraging cable movie goes to....

Recount!

I haven't finished this movie yet, but I have a pretty good idea that Gov. Bush becomes President. Wimper, sigh, shudder. The only way the bad feelings that surround this movie could be topped for me personally is if they made a movie about the game of intramural basketball where the dude shoved me from behind causing my knee to implode.

Back in the real, un-cinematic portion of Hollywood, I had a heckuva time at the inaugural gig of the Zack Hexum Trio. Kevin Kanner, and Luke Miller played great. Lots of peeps turned out. Many thanks to ye.

Much to my neighbors chagrin my saxophone practice routine continues on, even though the jazz gig has come and gone. I spent most of Memorial Day weekend nearly biting a hole in my lower lip, as I got intimately familiar with my still-new-yet-sixty-year-old alto saxophone. I also penned a new jazzy composition in anticipation of the next trio gig. I'm hoping it'll be July 18th at Tommy Ray's, but that's not set in stone yet.

Now I turn my attention to other matters. Sunday will be the return of my acoustic guitar and vocal cords at Libertine on Sunset. Get out your lighters (or cell phones) and prepare to semi-quietly rock!

1 comment:

crazymagashi said...

I've never been more disappointed in a movie before. Actually, I wasn't even expecting to be semi-entertained.

I knew it was aliens. They filmed the desert (Nevada) scene just outside of Las Cruces.
They used CGI to make the Floridas longer in the background of the fake town.