Monday, February 4, 2008

Blue Sting

Saturday was a good one. I played the Hotel Cafe. We sent Bill Shupp off to San Francisco with a bang.

I'm attempting to start a new tradition where the band does an "in the style of" cover at every gig. Saturday we did Radiohead's "Karma Police" in the style of The Police. No, not with donuts, but rather with stacked fifths on the guitars, lots of "eeh oh"s, and plenty of hi hat fills.

Two notes on the picture that will follow:

Is Sting doing Blue Steel?

Craig Kilborn said I look like Stewart Copeland, but I'm thinking I could be Andy Summers' stunt double.



Here's the setlist:

only a rehearsal
how many times
done him wrong
little city driver
beyond my means
what if I
2x2
hold on
karma police
open to close
one spin

Don't forget to be super tomorrow, Californians.

No comments: