Tuesday, February 19, 2008

cheap hobbies and cheaper puns

Behold, oh internet. I hath added a couple shows up in this webspace.

Some shall be solo. One shall be a full-banded excursion.

Zoey's will be also be featuring the vocal and electric piano stylings of one Brandon C. Rogers. Brandon is doing his own set, but chances are high that there will be at least one duet.

I watched ye olde NBA All Star Game in New Orleans and was reminded that Branford Marsalis is a mighty fine saxophonist, or as I like to pronounce it "sacks-often-ist".

My alto saxophone (sacks-often?) was stolen (grrr). I now have an insurance check that is burning a whole in my bank account. I'm either going to buy a Yamaha saxophone for two g's, that is medium fancy, or this beautiful, highly fancy Selmer alto for the low, low price of $4000:



Maybe I should've taken up a cheaper hobby in high school, like spaghetti collecting or cross-stitching pocket lent. Perhaps I could've taken up a cheaper Hobbit, like Samwise.

As Krusty said, "puns are lazy writing!" But what else will I do with my spare time that doesn't cost $4000?

No comments: