Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Giant, Salty Steps

Ladies and gentlemen, when the oatmeal makers say "a dash of salt" they really mean one and only one. I made a bowl o' oats for breakfast and spaced out on that little detail. It tasted like I made my breakfast in the Dead Sea.

In other news, all of my headless-chicken-runnings yesterday were fruitful, and the first batch of Open to Close CDs were sent out (complete with autographs, if he/she responded to my email). You can order yours here.

I've been avoiding buying Microsoft Word because I am stubborn. (They say as a taurus that's part of my nature, but I don't believe them! I refuse to believe it! You can't convince me! No, I say!) As a Mac user I was then forced into using AppleWorks. Because of all this CD mailing I've been trying to do a "mail merge" to print labels from a database -"Musicians, they're just like us!"- Did anyone send me a myspace message about putting the cover sheets on the TPS reports? This is another in a long line of tasks I didn't imagine myself doing when I was practicing "Giant Steps" in high school.

Yet I digress, and ramble, and carry-on. Point being I downloaded an open source program called open office. Click on the open source link if you wanna know in-depth stuff, but essentially this means: the program is homemade by computer programmers just like... umm... "you and me?" Perhaps just like my bass-playing-computer-whiz compadre Bill Shupp. Point being, it's free! I also found a free PhotoShop type program as well as a free Illustrator program for graphics.

I made this all by myself:



Can you believe it?

I'll be going hog-wild with flyers before ya know it.

In the meantime I'll be playing my CD release show at the Hotel Cafe tomorrow (Thursday, at 9 PM).

Here's a hog-wild flyer just for you, dear readers:

No comments: