Thursday, October 11, 2007

Ima Believer

Last night I went to see Joel Martin's band The Big Believers play. The band is: Joel (who's played in my band for nearly FIVE YEARS!) on many guitars, and Dave Johnstone (who was in Dead Language with Joel) playing the heck out of the drums. It's a great feeling to be surprised, nay, blown away by your friends. Their version of "Fixing a Hole" by The Beatles made my brain mushy and happy. They're going into the studio this weekend to make a record at New Monkey Studio where Elliott Smith recorded. It's gonna be freakin' sweet.

I talked to Jessie Baylin on the internets a minute ago and I'm going to be sitting in with her on Sunday at a shindig for KCRW. Details are on her myspace page.

Tonight I shall attend a Morrissey concert for the first time. I'm expecting lots of skinny black pants and some damn fine music.

My lips are no longer chapped.

Sometimes I make pancakes from scratch with whole wheat flour, wheat germ, flax meal, buttermilk, and blueberries. Sometimes there are too many to eat in one meal. Sometimes I put the leftovers in the freezer to make homemade Eggos out of them. Today I ate the frozen pancakes, and behold, they were good. I learned all of these actions from my sister.

Time for the mantra of the week: I'm playing the Hotel Cafe this Saturday at 11 PM.

No comments: