Friday, September 14, 2007

Ready to Ramble

2007 is the year of accidental TV time. I looked like a serial killer earlier this year when my friend Brandon Rogers was on American Idol. Yesterday I went to see my friends in the Michael Bublé band perform on Jay Leno.

We were stuck in green room purgatory, as were there no seats reserved for band guests. Luckily a guy who works for the show took pity and plopped me down in the seat normally reserved for Mrs. Leno (fortunately, Jay didn't try to take me home or ask me what we were having for dinner).

Michael Buffer of "Let's Get Ready to Rumble!" fame was seated right in front of us. He looked unusually dapper, and I found out why...

Please enjoy this YouTube clip and see if you recognize the dude in the white shirt seated behind Mr. and the future Mrs. Buffer.



This is as good a time as any to keep plugging away (I'm persistent, no?) for my show next Tuesday at the Montmartre Lounge.

We rehearsed last night for the gig and it went swimmingly. There will be two brand-spanking new songs performed, "Beyond My Means" and "Little City Driver".

In other pseudo-news, I enlisted the formidable talents of the aforementioned Brandon Rogers to help me get my best vocal take recorded over the last two days. In addition to being a great singer, he is a fantastic producer/vocal coach. He knows all the singer's tricks, has great ears, and knows my voice as well as anyone. I'm happy to share the work we did with you soon. I have a couple more parts to the add and the album will be done!

1 comment:

crazymagashi said...

nice! you picked a great spot to sit at, huh?