Wednesday, September 12, 2007

My trail of forgotten chargers

I think now is as good a time as any to come clean. I am a chronic forgetter of stuff.

On this tour I have left these things in these places:

My computer charger in a hotel.
My computer charger in a hotel (again).
My cell phone charger in a hotel.
My hat on a Super Shuttle van.

The good news is, I recovered all of these items, and it only cost me roughly forty bucks to get them shipped back to me.

In my defense, they were usually plugged in behind furniture, or I somehow tricked myself into thinking "I didn't use my computer charger, therefore I don't need to check for it."

On the other hand, I was one of the few on the Drake Bell tour who never lost my all-access laminate. I did consider losing it as a gesture of protest since my name was incorrectly spelled "Zach" on it.

I'd also like to take a moment to say how unbelievably wasteful tours are. There were recycling bins that were easily accessible at maybe three of the fifty venues we played at. I can say that on a good day there were at least ten bottles of water that were half full and left strewn about the dressing rooms or on stage. When I'm the king of the world, or at least the headliner on a big tour I'm making recycling mandatory, and bringing out those big multi-gallon things of water, giving everyone a nalgene with their name on it, and making the band and crew responsible for their own bottles.

Also, I made my own tiny bit of an effort to not use a new bottle of hotel shampoo once and then leave it 90% full, but destined for a life in the trash can afterwards.

I know that there are still supposedly people who believe that global warming is a myth (I'll save that tirade for later), but I think we can all agree that trash is not a myth.

Now that I'm done preaching to the choir, or maybe only to myself, I'll again remind everyone that I'm playing a show next Tuesday, September 18th at 9:30 at the Montmartre Lounge. Be there, or don't, but preferably be there.

1 comment:

Liiiisssssaaaaa said...

Never knew this existed. AWESOME.

Anyway, I've been on the road w/ KMK a few times, and yes, tours are EXTREMELY wasteful. I don't like littering @ ALL, and on the raaaaaaarest of occasions where I've let something tumble from my hands, it's been a horridly snotty tissue. Can't do germs, either, lol.

Also, I bring my chargers w/ me EVERY TIME I leave the house pretty much, so there's no chance of that happening to me ever again!