Sunday, November 8, 2009

I could milk somebodeeeaah

Oh blog. It's been too long. I got a very thoughtful email from a fan about re-starting this here thing, and it's time. I feel some imaginary, self-induced pressure to have this particular blog entry be the best ever, since my last entry was five months ago. So... here we go!

*Cricket*

*Cricket*

*Cricket*

I'm currently in the back seat captain's chair of a Sprinter van. We have wifi. We have an XBox. We have The Talking Heads burning down the house on the radio. We are Fitz and The Tantrums. I am playing keys with "we" for a week, whilst we open for "they." "They" are Maroon 5.

They talk a lot, don't they.

Tonight we shall play Cornell University. We're about 30 miles out right now. The farmhouses are purty and neat. I want to milk something. That's my favorite Kings of Leon song, incidentally, or is that "Milk SomeBODY"? I forget.

Yesterday our dressing room was a basketball court. This was a dream come true. We had plush couches, chips, salsa, peanut butter, jelly, and, after harassing a few friendly St. John's student-employees, a basketball. I was in heaven, and my heart beat so that I could hardly speak.

My jump shot was semi-silky at fleeting moments.

Meanwhile, back in LA, I've been busy writing songs, some poppy, some rocky, all with chords and melodies. The new album is still only a faint glimmer on the horizon, but I'm optimistic. The good news is: I'm creating music. The bad news: there are nowhere near enough hours in the day.

Let's do this again before another five months go by.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I heard you playing saxophone on KCRW the other day... or did I imagine that?

Zack Hexum said...

Truf!

Andrea said...

And flute... Sweet!

Thank you so much for this sign of life!