Wednesday, September 3, 2008

celebrity purse attack

It's time. I'm picking up the pen and the microphone. Yes, it's time for new music, folks. I'm hoping to get back on the one-song-a-week pace that I was on the year before I recorded The Story So Far.

I wrote my song for the week today, so I guess I can get back to watching Simpsons reruns in a dirty undershirt and growing a beard. I don't know what the song will be named yet. It's about optimism, mostly, which is a challenging perspective during the Republican National Convention, but I digress.

The Hotel Cafe was a rip-roarin' good time. Thanks to everybody who came out, and especially those who came and brought fresh bodies/new people to the cult/concert. I salute you.

Michael Corcoran played guitar on Beyond My Means and Done Him Wrong. He also sang and tickled the ivories on Dr. John's "Such a Night". I moved Michael into my top friends so all can know where and how to find him.

Here's the setlist:

sun still shines
only a rehearsal
met a girl
what if I
hold on
open to close
beyond my means
such a night
done him wrong

I'm playing Aura in Studio City on September 17th with the jazzy organ trio.

I was a spectator last night at the Hotel Cafe. Dave Yaden and Josh Kelley performed. It's been too long since I've been an audience member there. Highlights included reuniting with some music folks I haven't seen in a good long while, having Katherine Heigl's purse whap me in the stomach when she squeezed by, and hearing some excellent musicians. What more could I hope for? (This is where "I Love LA" should be piped in, but I haven't paid for the licensing rights.)

No comments: