Monday, August 18, 2008

burning gas

I'm thinking about starting my own music company called Nabadybies Records.

I survived a cross country trek/mini-tour. Chicago was gently decimated. Omaha was slightly laid waste. Denver was spared. I was supposed to play a Drake Bell show there, but Mother Nature said "oh no, you di'n't" so instead we fled to Los Angeles, 14 hours straight putting us in after foe in the moe-nin.

The purpose of the trip was two-fold (much like my wallet). My friend Dan needed to move from Chicago to LA, and I needed to rock!

Downside: my guitar started crackling like an old-timey phonograph during my show at Uncommon Ground. During the set at Mick's in Omaha all heck (maybe just some heck, or heck-some if you like) broke loose. I had to finish "Two Times Two" in an a capella style. Fortunately, new friend and formidable talent Korey Anderson saved my ax, as it were, and let me use his guitar (which sounded much better than mine, hmm...).

Upside: to the many friendly faces in Omaha and Chicago, I thank you.

Tropic Thunder: totally ridiculous and highly recommended.

On the drive home we stopped at the same gas station that we previously stopped after a Drake Bell gig. That gas station stands out in my mind because a family followed us to that same service station for at least thirty minutes to get an autograph. Upon return I can only assume that this same family burned the gas station in our honor:
prices heating up

I know gas prices have been heating up, but that is just too far.

Now after a morning on hitting tennis balls I'm back in the swing of things. I'm excited to conquer the Hotel Cafe on August 29th. I hope you'll be there if you can.

No comments: