Tuesday, July 1, 2008

feet on the ground, power not grounded

I just got finished with a four-gig/five-days-of-flights-rampage with Drake the Bell. I brought my laptop with me in hopes of being able to blog a bit from the road. Alas, I was so wiped and wifi was so not-free that I essentially only got my computer out in time to put it into it's own little rubbermaid tray and have it x-rayed to deaf.

The good news, I'm back! The bad news, I leave again tomorrow. I'm leaving this here laptop right at home, so my next blog will either be typed with a BlackBerry Pearl (no iPhone for me yet, but I do enjoy imagining my ownership of said gadget) or it won't be typed until I'm back home in the good ol' Los of Angeles.

The four show run was eventful, to say the least. We were harassed and perhaps even intimidated by a power-hungry woman who wore Crocs. We played Six Flags Atlanta, where the poor kid had the roller coaster-fence-hopping accident just one day before. I got the crap shocked out of me three gigs in a row when I touched a metal part underneath the rented Hammond B-3 and microphone simultaneously. I think I took the Lord's name in vain into the aforementioned microphone when that happened. You're not supposed to do that at soundchecks in the South. The only gig where I didn't get shocked was the one where the show got cut short by lightning. Go figure.

Continuing on my power riff, as of yesterday, my folks' place in Omaha is one of 20,000 homes that have been without electricity for a couple days in a row. Fortunately no trees were embedded in the Hexum family roof, so no harm no foul.

I posted four shots from the Hotel Cafe show on the myspace page.

Zap!

Ow!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hey Zack!
I met you a few nights ago at the Drake Bell Lisle concert! It's safe to say that I've listened to your music on your myspace and I really like it! You guys put on a great show and I had so much fun meeting all of you =] Hope to see you guys preform again!
-Emily