Monday, March 31, 2008

baked-sugary-goodness

i have been remiss in my blogitude lately. Yet here I am, and with a renewed purpose.

What have I been doing? Composing music like it's going out of style, which it may very well be.

A heckuva time was had at the Hotel de Cafe last Saturday. Luke Miller filled in the bass frequencies (plus many more) on the keyboard/organ. It was the first show of the post-Shupp era. I think I'll go bowling in in his honor.

Last week I also played keys 'n saxamaphone with Charles Robert Paxson. He has a rehearsal space downtown. I like to drive with the windows down whenever it's reasonably possible. If you go just a bit past downtown on the 101 there's a bridge that you cross that smells like baked-sugary-goodness. I don't know what it is or where it comes from (hopefully that's not what anthrax smells like), but every time I pass that bridge now I start sniffing like a drug addict.

Next Saturday I'll be at The Mint, which doesn't actually smell "minty" since we're on the subject. Nonetheless, it shall be a great show if all goes according to plan.

I'm purty sure this is the Hotel set from the other night:

Beyond My Means
What if I
Little City Driver
Done Him Wrong
Only a Rehearsal
How Many Times
Hold On
Princess of Darkness
Is This Love (Bob Marley)
One Spin

Let's save more for tomorrow.

No comments: