Sunday, August 12, 2007

Deep Fried Green Tomatoes

Zack's Number One Rule for travelling:

Never plug your computer charger into an outlet that is hidden from view when you do your "idiot check".

Yes, Jackson, Michigan got the last laugh on my ass. I think the Jackson Chamber of Commerce must've read my blog and gave me a stupid pill when I was napping. I left my computer charger safely plugged into the outlet behind the bed in the hotel.

The good news is they found it and with a little help from the Federal Express, will ship that sucka to me in a day or two.

I currently have thirteen percent of my battery life left to write this blog...

I used the other 87 percent this morning to record a song that is, as of 3:32 PM Central Time, untitled. It's peppy and makes use of Mr. Dobro and a slide.

Twelve percent....

Des Moines, Iowa is having it's way with me. My eyes are so swollen from allergies, I feel like I'm living the life of my character from the boxing video game after an eighth round knock out.

Eleven percent...

I'm reading The Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon. I'm halfway done. It's rad.

These last few gigs we've been doing have all been state and county fairs. I've had a deep fried Snickers Bar and a deep fried Oreo. I'm thinking if they went ahead and deep fried pure High Fructose Corn Syrup it would be maybe the best selling item in the history of mankind. It would be the Model T of junk food. I'm considering having my saxophone case deep fried for some extra padding. Can you deep fry hot tea?

Ten percent...

I'm going to let you in on a little idea I'm having right now. This will be my Pet Rock/Jump to Conclusions Mat. I'm going to open a do-it-yourself deep fryer store. You can bring in carrots, car keys, oatmeal, your recently deceased pet, or whatever trips your fancy and deep fry it to deaf!

Nine percent...

So since I've been recording in hotel rooms the normal staples of a recording studio are not present. I've taken to MacGuyvering a lamp into a microphone stand, using the mike cable as a pulley to adjust the microphone to it's perfect height. I'm sure housekeeping wonders why the hell I'm unplugging the lamps and dragging them to the middle of the room.

Eight percent...

Time for an idiot check and lobby call.

Seven percent...

Wish me luck

No comments: